Candidate & Visitor Terms of Service
We provide visitors to our Site (“Visitors”) access to our Site and Candidates (as defined below) with access to the Services subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service. By browsing the public areas of the Site or by clicking “I AGREE”, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Site and/or the Services.
These Terms of Service may be updated by us from time to time with or without notice to you, and so you should review this page periodically. When material changes are made to these Terms of Service, we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document, however, will not notify you that material changes have been made. Your continued use of the Site and/or Services constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). YOU AGREE TO REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS OF SERVICE.
We provide Employers access to our Portal subject to our Employer Terms of Service.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES YOU TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE THOSE DISPUTES DECIDED BY A JUDGE OR JURY AND THAT YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS, CLASS ARBITRATIONS, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
This portal allows individuals seeking employment opportunities (each, a “Candidate”) to connect with companies seeking to recruit such individuals (each, an “Employer”). We serve as an employment portal intermediary between Candidates and Employers. Logan Township is not involved in any contract of employment and is not bound by any contractual agreement arising between Candidates and Employers. Upon registering as a
Candidate, you may receive an invitation to be included in the collection of Candidate profiles that are accessible to Employers. Your Candidate Content (as defined below) will be visible and accessible by Employers and the Employers can also ask for additional information about you. If an Employer is interested in interviewing you, you may receive an offer from the Employer for an interview (“Interview Request”). You may, in your sole discretion, accept or reject an Interview Request. Your interaction with an Employer may result in the Employer extending an offer for employment to you (“Job Offer”). You may, in your sole discretion, accept or reject a Job Offer.
2. RIGHTS TO THE SERVICES
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable right to use the Services only and as permitted by the features of the Services. Logan Township reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Services and the Logan Township Content (as defined below). Logan Township may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
3. CHANGES TO THE SERVICES
We may, without prior notice, make changes, corrections or improvements to the Services; stop providing the Services or features of the Services, to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for the Services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Services without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of these Terms of Service, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by these Terms of Service.
In order to access and use the Services, you must register by creating a Candidate account and profile. You may never use another user’s account. During the registration process, you will have to provide your name, email address, and phone number and you will be asked to create a password for your account. You represent and warrant that all registration information you submit to us is truthful, complete and accurate, and you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality of your Candidate account and for the activity that occurs on the account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols) with your account. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate your Candidate account. We reserve the right to delete or change your Candidate account at any time and for any reason. We are under no obligation to accept any individual as a Candidate and may accept or reject any registration in or sole and complete discretion. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Candidate account. Logan Township shall not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your Candidate account.
By providing Logan Township your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Services-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other related and unrelated messages.
5. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
6. COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
This website’s community, like any online community, functions best when its people follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Site and/or Services, you hereby agree that:
- You will not use the Site and the Services for any unlawful purpose or to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- You will not access or use the Site and the Services to collect any market research for a competing businesses;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another user of the Site and/or Services or any other person;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Services in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”;
- using any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Services in a manner that sends more request messages to Logan Township’s servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browsers (except that Logan Township grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publically available materials from Logan Township for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials);
- transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Services;
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Services
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Services;using the Services for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- interfering with the proper working of the Services;
- accessing any content on the Services through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Services;
- create multiple accounts for you for any reason, including, without limitation, in order to obtain the same promotion multiple times; or
- bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Services or the content therein.
Logan Township reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you (or any device) access to the Site and/or the Services, or any portion of the Site and/or the Services, without notice.
7. LOGAN TOWNSHIP CONTENT
Except for the Employer Content, the Site and the Services and all materials contained therein, including, but not limited to software, text, graphics, copy, images, artwork, logos, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, sound recordings, audiovisual works, photographs, content belonging to other users, including, but not limited to, Candidate Content (as defined below) and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Services, including, without limitation, the design, selection, sequence, look and feel, and arrangement of the Services (collectively referred to as the “Logan Township Content”), and all intellectual property rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Logan Township and its licensors (including, but not limited to, other employers, Candidates, and users who post content to the Services). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such intellectual property rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any Logan Township Content, or otherwise use the Logan Township Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Use of the Logan Township Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is strictly prohibited.
You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Logan Township Content on any copy you make of the Logan Township Content. The use or posting of the Logan Township Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
If you violate any part of these Terms of Service, your permission to access and/or use the Logan Township Content, the Site and/or the Services automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Logan Township Content.
8. CANDIDATE CONTENT
As noted above, the Services provide Candidates the ability to post and upload content including but not limited to, their resume / CV and job preferences (collectively, the “Candidate Content”). You expressly acknowledge and agree that once you submit your Candidate Content through the Services, it will be accessible by Employers, and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to such Candidate Content, including, without limitation, any personally identifying information that you may make available through the Services. YOU, AND NOT LOGAN TOWNSHIP, ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL YOUR CANDIDATE CONTENT THAT YOU UPLOAD, POST, E-MAIL, OR OTHERWISE TRANSMIT VIA THE SERVICES.
Except for the licenses in this Section, you retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your own Candidate Content. You do, however, hereby grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual license to modify, compile, combine with other content, copy, record, synchronize, transmit, translate, format, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use or exploit your Candidate Content as reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you under these Terms of Service.
If you submit Candidate Content to us, each such submission constitutes a representation and warranty to Logan Township that (a) you own or otherwise have the valid right to grant to Logan Township the rights to use the Candidate Content as described in these Terms of Service and Logan Township may use your Candidate Content as permitted herein without violating any applicable law, rule or regulation or infringing or misappropriating any intellectual property or moral rights of any person, and that such Candidate Content does not contain any libelous, defamatory, or obscene material or content that violates our Community Guidelines; and (b) to the best of your knowledge, all your Candidate Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
9. NO WARRANTIES
NEITHER LOGAN TOWNSHIP, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, ELECTED OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “LOGAN TOWNSHIP PARTIES”) ENDORSE ANY CANDIDATE, EMPLOYER, ANY CANDIDATE CONTENT OR ANY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY ANY EMPLOYER THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICES MERELY ASSISTS CANDIDATES IN IDENTIFYING JOB OPPORTUNITIES THAT MEET THEIR REQUIREMENTS. NONE OF THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP PARTIES IS A PARTY TO, OR HAS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, ANY TRANSACTION, COMMUNICATION OR INTERACTION BETWEEN CANDIDATES AND EMPLOYERS OR FOR ANY RESULTS CAUSED BY USING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
THE SERVICES AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICES, THE SITE AND THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES, THE SITE AND THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM LOGAN TOWNSHIP OR THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NONE OF THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP PARTIES WARRANT THAT THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY LOGAN TOWNSHIP CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE LOGAN TOWNSHIP PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY: (I) INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, EVEN IF SUCH LOGAN TOWNSHIP PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LOGAN TOWNSHIP BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR CANDIDATE ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Logan Township Parties harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, demands, claims (including taxes), costs, payments and expenses (including any and all reasonable attorneys’ fees, reasonable costs of investigation, discovery, litigation and settlement, interest and any judgments, fines and penalties) as incurred, arising out of or in connection with any third-party claims (a) arising from or relating to: (i) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein; (ii) your misuse of the Site, the Services, and/or the Logan Township Content, (iii) your Candidate Content or any content that is submitted via your Candidate account, including without limitation, misleading, false, or inaccurate information, (iv) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation, any copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or publicity right, (v) any other party’s access and/or use of the Services with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code, or (vi) a violation or alleged violation of any applicable laws; or (b) any claims brought against any Logan Township Party by an Employer as a result of any of your gross negligence or willful misconduct.
12. EXTERNAL SITES
The Site and the Services may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
13. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS
Logan Township respects the intellectual property rights of others and attempts to comply with all relevant laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any Content or user submissions deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Site and/or the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notice in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including (a) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the Site and/or the Services where such work is located; (b) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (c) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
14. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New Jersey, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Gloucester County, State of New Jersey for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that Gloucester County, State of New Jersey is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- These Terms of Service will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees. These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Logan Township without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- No waiver of any term of these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Logan Township’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Logan Township in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Logan Township concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service are deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything else in these Terms of Service, the terms of these Terms of Service that by their terms are perpetual or are otherwise intended to survive these Terms of Service will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
- The section headings in these Terms of Service are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import.
Copyright 2018, The Township of Logan, NJ.
Any use of this site indicates acceptance of our Terms of Service here:
For Employers | For Candidates &Visitors