SEKO Logistics is a premier full service 3rd party logistics provider. We mange a diverse client base in warehousing services, transportation management, supply chain management, order fulfillment and labor needs. We are dedicated to optimizing warehouse operations and providing the best in business class with state-of-the-art tools. Join us as we open a new site in Logan Township NJ.
Responsible for general day to day management of the assigned facility of SEKO MedTec Solutions and working closely with other functional leaders. This role is responsible for ensuring operations processes and standard operating procedures are followed and managing the flow of product through the distribution center and delivered to our clients in a timely manner. Responsible for managing all aspects of a mid-sized distribution center function including associates, staffing, budgets and processes. Responsible for achieving all functional KPIs including operations expenses, safety goals, continuous improvement initiatives, and operational goals.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
• Provides leadership to Warehouse Operations Managers, Supervisors, and warehouse staff.
• Delivers on financial and operational objectives.
• Ensures operational execution is aligned with business objectives.
• Supports functional strategy development.
• Has in-depth functional Distribution Center expertise and broad business knowledge.
• Makes decisions, that support the organization strategy; influences others to support
• the decisions.
• Acts with a sense of purpose and urgency.
• Role models company’s high ethical standards and code of conduct.
• Recruit and onboards staff.
• Facilitates training throughout the Distribution Center.
• Sets and meets goals for the organization
• Inspires and mentors’ others, to meet/exceed expectations on a daily basis through own
enthusiasm and energy.
• Identifies and initiates efforts to achieve objectives, coaching others to accept accountability
for meeting and stretching to exceed results in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met, leveraging knowledge of competitive
advantage and profit drivers.
• Anticipates internal/external business issues to align operational priorities, strategies and
• Develops relationships with key internal customers and external clients to identify emerging needs and
• Delivers value-added solutions that meet/exceed customer business needs and shares key learnings
with team members.
• Resolves complex problems.
• Recognizes and rewards innovative thinking, responsible risk taking and the achievement of
• Influences employees and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication
to accomplish operational objectives.
• Meets Quality system objectives and complies with the facility’s ISO program and FDA requirements.
• Assure the cost-effective handling of all company products and services.
• Assure that the company's FDA and ISO requirements are met.
• Hire and direct a staff of managers to develop the necessary resources and planning necessary to meet
• Ensure that the sites capabilities meet or exceed all industry and client requirements for performance,
cost, quality and responsiveness.
• Conducts root cause analysis and implements corrective &/or preventative actions.
• Supports development of KPI’s and delivers on established KPIs
• Drives continuous process improvements across site.
• Supports and contributes to Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with client.
• Conducts staff annual performance reviews.
• Keeps clients informed and engages with them to drive data driven resolutions
Accountabilities in this role:
• Creates a safe work environment and culture.
• The DC Manager will have direct responsibility for all Distribution Center Operations employees assigned to the facility.
• Work with Client Services to onboard new business and renewals.
• P&L responsibility.
• Serve as project leader for new infrastructure, equipment deployment, and business processes.
• Directs a staff of management and associates to ensure the timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting standards set for budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
• Responsible for employee development, which includes, but is not limited to training, coaching, counseling, and performance appraisals.
• Monitors operational productivity, adheres to budget requirements, and works towards obtaining Distribution Center objectives and operations goals.
• Coordinates the maintenance programs for warehouse equipment and infrastructure.
• Implements and administers all policies and procedures at the Distribution Center.
• Ensures quality service is provided to the client, and ensures prompt follow-through on client correspondence, complaints and inquiries.
• Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns in a timely fashion.
• Prepares and submits daily and weekly production reports.
• Meets or exceeds operational KPIs.
• Maintains positive employee relations.
• Ensures that the company’s Core Values are consistently promoted and practiced.
• Participates in Client RFP’s to ensure operations costing and fee structures are sustainable.
• Works with peers within and outside the region on national projects as needed.
• Participates in customer initiatives and provides operations input.
• Builds strong teams by providing opportunities for growth and development.
• Continue to look for creative ways to improve the facility and operations through established standards and new ideas.
• Promotes employee morale by encouraging employee engagement.
• Manage and drive a continuous improvement process that includes formalized RCCA and change-order management.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
Qualifications, Education and /or experience:
• Degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Distribution Operations
• Previous leadership experience in a Third Party Logistics environment
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience in Medical Device and Ecommerce distribution operations
• Extensive hands-on knowledge of WMS, TMS, LMS, etc.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with solid MS Excel skills
• Experience with developing process documentation including flowcharts, SOPs and WI’s.
• Strong knowledge of LEAN & 5s principles a plus
• Thorough knowledge of Inventory Control practices, cycle counting and inventory reconciliations
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently and developing realistic action plans.
• Leadership ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well.
• Ability to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ability to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
• Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
• Problem solving to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Oral communication ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Delegation of work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Ability to acquire TSA certification (a plus)
• Excellent oral and written and communication skills
• Ability to present information to all levels of employees and to outside suppliers.
• Intermediate (non-programming) skills.
• Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Sitting, 4+ hours per work day
• Standing, less than 4 hours per work day
• Distribution Center environment
Dedication to the Quality System (Required):
Our objective is to provide a system that promptly detects non-conformances and provides timely and effective control and corrective actions. This Quality System establishes an effective means of assuring product quality. It is our policy to provide full compliance with the Quality System throughout all facets of contract performance and the order fulfilment process. This ensures that all of our products and services meet or exceed the expected company standards as well as those of our customers and the ISO 13485 International Standard, CMDCAS, FDA, and MDD regulations. We operate the Quality System as an overall management system for all products.
All employees accept responsibility for the excellent quality of products and take professional pride in producing high quality products that are the finest in the marketplace.
Our approach to quality is based on the premise that we can achieve product quality and effective cost control by concentrating on the integrity of processes and preventative measures rather than after the fact detection.