Summary: Responsible for transporting deliveries in accordance with company guidelines and DOT regulations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT medical card only regulations *This NOT a CDL required job – need to be able to obtain (at the Companies expense) a DOT Medical Card.*
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner.*
- Follows the daily delivery schedule or coordinates the most efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.*
- Applies knowledge and abilities to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description.*
- Completes required paperwork to include overage/shortage sheets, trip records and maintenance logs.*
- Obtains and maintains proper customer delivery authorizations and pickup documentation, including CODs and submits in a timely manner.*
- Secures CODs received from customers, reconciles daily receipts and submits upon return to the facility.*
- Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company's image.*
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections, corrective and preventative maintenance and documents on the driver’s truck inspection sheets.*
- Maintains a daily, legible DOT log book and submits as required.*
- Ensures delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer invoices.*
- Provides basic maintenance for vehicle such as maintaining vehicle in a neat and clean manner and performing pre-trip inspections.*
- Participates and assists in the completion of various service calls.*
- Reports all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management and completes appropriate documentation in a timely fashion.*
- Maintains valid drivers license, DOT physical card and submits copies of renewals to the manager in a timely fashion.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general computer knowledge.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related driving experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license
- Medical Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Amount of Time
< 1/3 Frequently
1/3 – 2/3 Regularly
>2/3 Stand ¦ ¦ ¤ ¦ Walk ¦ ¦ ¤ ¦ Sit ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Use hands ¦ ¦ ¤ ¦ Reach with hands and arms ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Climb or balance ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl ¦ ¤ ¦ ¦ Talk/Hear ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Taste/Smell ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Lift and/or Move
Indicate weight in pounds. 45 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Lift and/or Move
Indicate weight in pounds. >75 ¦ ¦ ¤ ¦
q No Special Vision requirements
x Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
x Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
x Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
x Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
x Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
x Ability to See Color
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Description of Environmental Conditions
Amount of Time
< 1/3 Frequently
1/3 – 2/3 Regularly
>2/3 Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Work near moving mechanical parts ¦ ¦ ¤ ¦ Work in high, precarious places ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Fumes or airborne particles ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Toxic or caustic chemicals ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Outdoor weather conditions ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Extreme cold (non-weather) ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Extreme heat (non-weather) ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Risk of electrical shock ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Work with explosives ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Risk of radiation ¤ ¦ ¦ ¦ Vibration ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤ Temperature variations (non-weather) ¦ ¦ ¦ ¤
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
q Not applicable
q Very quiet
x Moderate noise
q Very loud