Job Profile SummaryThe Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing customer purchase orders, resolving issues, handling inquiries, cross referencing, expediting, and communication with suppliers, customers and sales representatives. Serves as a liaison with all parties to enable sales growth.
Job DescriptionJob Description
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Maintains and attracts potential customers by handling inbound sales and customer communication (calls/emails/click-to-chat) relating to service status or challenges/concerns/issues within the network.
- Responsible for handling in-bound sales and customer communication (calls/emails/click to chat) in the processing, expediting, and troubleshooting of customer orders.
- Owns the customer request and experience from initiation to final conclusion.
- Process, via computer, all customer requests. Utilize multiple and often complex systems, programs, and monitors in order to research information.
- Researches and resolves customer issues, expedites back orders, handles returns and special requests. Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Proactively interacts with outside sales force to ensure regular communication on pricing and other customer concerns. Provides high-level, quality service, closely aligned with sales, to enable sales growth.
- Follows up with sales, suppliers, and customers on any outstanding issues.
- Looks for opportunities to provide solutions.
- Makes recommendations on areas for process improvement.
- Make decisions based on policies and past precedence, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Accountable to performance metrics such as schedule adherence, productivity standards and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor degree a plus
- 1-3 years applicable experience in a customer relationship type role (sales, military, call center, etc)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player and be able to work with members of the immediate team, as well as, employees outside the organization, while demonstrating the ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Possesses proven problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Must be customer and sales focused
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Possesses organization and time management skills
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude during difficult times
- Intermediate PC skills required; must be able to work in multiple systems concurrently, often utilizing multiple monitors
- Familiarity with SAP system helpful
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.