Location: Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
Address: 2 Pureland Drive, Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Date: February 28, 2019 Time: 8am-12pm
- Retention Bonus
- Multiple raises within your first year of employment
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Warehouse material handlers’ essential duties are to perform various tasks in the warehouse such as but not limited to:
- Inbound: Unload trucks, trailers, containers of freight, counting products, compare to manifest to check all shipments for damage, infestation, or production code dates. Material handlers must report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate forms. Also be able to sign for inbound shipments when necessary. All inbound shipments are moved safely to storage locations to be efficiently stacked as store merchandise.
- Order Picking: Ensure that the correct product number, quantity and type (lot, batch, serial number) of product are picked. Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment such as but not limited to fork trucks, cherry pickers, or pallet jacks. Materials handlers must be able to label, stencil, tag, mark orders, band, bundle, wrap, over-pack, and palletize as required.
- Outbound: Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure out-going shipments are complete and correct. Assign signature for outbound as necessary. Efficiently move product, cartons and or pallets into trailers, rail cars or containers.
- Equipment: Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Comply with company standards and OSHA requirements.
- Inventory: Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensure proper stock rotation. May key inventory adjustments in computer.
- Other Duties: Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions. Repair and consolidate damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine. Charge forklift battery as needed; stack and or separate good from bad pallets when necessary; clean railcars, trailers, and truck docks, bays as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- OSHA Forklift and HAZMAT certification a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret SOP’s, coverage, documents, and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Understanding of metric system measurements is beneficial.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Skill and ability to type. Skill and ability to operate a computer. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work. Skill and ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. Skill and ability to use Microsoft office tools and company software.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.