Wedgewood Pharmacy is seeking a full-time Facilities Mechanic. Wedgewood Pharmacy is the nation’s leading animal health compounding pharmacy and has been recognized with awards from the New Jersey Business & Industry Association in 2017 as an Outstanding Employer and in 2015 for Business Success. Additionally, Wedgewood Pharmacy was named a 2016 recipient of the Marcum Innovator of the Year Award.
The Facilities Mechanic will be responsible for making repairs and troubleshooting laboratory/production equipment, doing general building repairs, installing and moving equipment, assisting employees with the proper use of equipment, performing preventive maintenance and working with maintenance vendors. Additional duties will include room setups, cleanup of interior and exterior of building as needed, furniture assembly and attending to an array of facilities requests. The Facilities Mechanic will work with all departments at Wedgewood Pharmacy, therefore excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm with occasional weekend hours.
The job responsibilities are:
- Working in a ticketing system, making repairs and modifications to equipment and building in a safe manner. Repair types include plumbing, electrical, mechanical and general building repairs.
- Understanding, maintaining and improving the functionality of existing and new compounding equipment.
- Communication and maintenance of relationships with vendors
- Performing preventative maintenance on building and compounding lab equipment.
- Maintaining valid documentation and detailed maintenance records
- Assisting in new equipment acquisition and facility renovations.
- Work comparable to cGMP expected.
- Develop new SOPs and revise current SOPs related to equipment use.
- Respond to off-hour emergencies
Required skills and knowledge to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of machine and building functionality including mechanical, motors, instrumentation, electrical circuits, plumbing, HVAC, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, PLCs, and others.
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficiently work with a variety of teams to meet the best-desired outcome in a professional, positive manner.
- Prioritize a variety of requests in a timely manner focusing on the minimal loss of production time.
- Generate and retrieve reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and other common computer applications.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- High School Diploma or GED. Maintenance-related training including apprenticeships or higher education/training in a maintenance related field.
- Work experience in a laboratory or production environment
- Ability to drive a car or rental truck to move equipment and other items - valid driver's license