CST Pavers, a division of Quikrete Company located in Pedricktown, New Jersey has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician. This position will support a state-of-the-art high volume concrete products manufacturing operation.
Maintenance Technician’s primary function is to maintain facilities, mobile equipment, manufacturing, and support equipment. Tasks are to be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner the first time. Coordination with Plant Manager and/or Supervisors is required when affecting the production process. No job is complete until work area is cleaned up, tools are returned to their proper storage area, area guards are back in place and required documentation has been performed. Technician is required to have operational knowledge of all plant equipment and be willing to perform duties outside their normal day to day function.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Diagnose malfunctioning electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment to a component level utilizing testing equipment and hand tools.
- Make necessary repairs to malfunctioning equipment using hand and power tools and equipment.
- Fabricate needed items using appropriate tools, materials and equipment.
- Safety policies and procedures must be followed at all times.
- Shop area is to be clean and organized prior to shift change daily.
- Work areas are to be cleaned up at the completion of repairs. Free of tools, parts, supplies and debris.
- Create corrective work orders as necessary.
- Perform PM tasks following procedures attached to work order. Document and problems found and create a follow up work order. Document any shortcomings or improvements that could be made to procedures.
- Properly complete all work order documentation daily. Ensure all labor, parts and problem fields are populated as required.
- Maintain stockroom inventory accuracy.
- Assist in monthly stockroom counts.
- Must have knowledge in operating systems of high speed manufacturing equipment.
- Must have mid-level computer knowledge.
- Ability to read detailed and complicated drawings, to work from blueprints and verbal instructions, and read all common measurement devices such as micrometer.
- Must have all necessary tools to perform assigned tasks, including metric tools.