Our Client in Swedesboro, NJ is looking for a Direct Hire Maintenance Technician. One of the top institutional can liner producers in North America
Must be experienced in Industrial/Mechanical Maintenance skills and on call rotation. **An additional $2.00 per hour for perfect weekly attendance in 2022!
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for ensuring production and facility equipment is working at all times. He/she will install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all equipment according to safety. Will follow preventative maintenance schedules along with existing equipment protocol including building maintenance.
Prefer candidate with knowledge of plastics extrusion, converting, re-pelletizing equipment, as well as plastic resin material handling systems, chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, etc. Utilizes computerized maintenance inventory management system for parts requisition and work order processing. Ability to read and interpret electrical distribution and electronic wiring schematics and drawings as required.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
· General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively perform various duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
· Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service.
· Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
· Performs mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
· Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Safely operate and repair forklifts
· Ability to comply with all safety regulations and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and background screen upon offer of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
Those interested will be required to register with J & J Staffing Resources. To begin your application, please visit: https://hrcenter.ontempworks.com/en/JJStaff
If you have previously registered with us, please call our office at 856-467-9099 and we can update your status over the phone. You can find a list of J & J locations on our website: https://www.jjstaff.com/locations
Since 1972 J & J Staffing Resources has specialized in finding great jobs for great people. Every year we place thousands of candidates with thriving local companies. Put your trust in J & J. We look forward to working with you!