The Logan Township Bureau of Fire is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Fire Inspector. Position entails assignments in fire prevention and fire suppression. Applicants must possess the following minimum credentials in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment.
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be of good moral character.
- Must NOT have been convicted of a criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- Have at least three (3) years' experience as a firefighter.
- Possession of a valid New Jersey driver's license at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid NJ Firefighter I Certification at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid CPR Certification at the time of appointment.
- Must possess Incident Management I100, I200 and I700 with a valid NJ Incident Management Level 1 Certification.
- Must possess Hazmat On-Scene Incident Commander Certification issued by NJDFS.
Other preferred credentials:
- Fire Inspector (certified through NJDFS)
- Pump Operations
- EVOC Emergency Vehicle Operations (Fire)
- Vehicle Extrication I & II
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
Applications can be picked up in-person at 125 Main Street, Bridgeport, NJ 08014 or downloaded on the Logan Township Website (https://www.logan-twp.org/forms-and-information/) under Bureau of Fire. All applications shall be submitted to the Logan Township Municipal Clerk no later than 4PM on February 16, 2024.