Thomas Foods International USA is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Manager. TFI USA offers excellent benefits including low cost health insurance, 401K retirement plan with a company match, paid time off, free sample meat products, and much more! Growth opportunities available throughout our Swedesboro, NJ facility & office.
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Program Director, the Manager is responsible for assisting with ensuring food safety and production of high-quality products that meet our specifications and consumer expectations while maintaining an excellent rating for our quality program. This position is hands-on with the QA team helping to mentor and coach the QA Technicians and provide guidance on process improvements. He/she will work closely with the management team throughout the business specifically in the areas of Production, Warehouse, Repack & Scheduling. The position will have all QA Technicians as direct reports.
- HACCP Program Support: Strong knowledge of quality systems including HACCP programs. Stays current with changing regulatory requirements, implements and communicates new processes and procedures to remain compliant. Signs off on Critical Control Point checks completed by the QA Technician as outlined in the HACCP and SQF requirements. Supports Director with HACCP annual reviews
- People Management: Manages the QA Technicians and provides direction, development, and regular coaching, training, and support. Oversees and verifies the activities of all direct reports, ensuring all required documentation and inspection of the raw materials and finished products are complete and accurate.
- Investigations: Assists Director with investigations on customer returns and complaints; follows up on possible reasons for complaint (temperature abuse, date expiry, over order, etc.). Assists with performing micro analysis if required.
- Records and Reporting/Verification: Assists Director with maintaining corporate policies relating to Food Safety and Quality. Keeps accurate records for traceability. Regularly reports to suppliers with findings and documents corrective action.
- Audits: Assists Director with customer and SQF, Organic, Halal, EU, and customer specific audits as needed, gathering data, documentation, etc.
- Communications: Ensures timely communication with Sales and Suppliers regarding changes in shipments or specifications verifying changes are noted as acceptable. Assists with management of the hold and release program and takes appropriate action when any product fails to meet required specifications. Reports to the Director any inadequacy in approved programs or processing procedures.
- Training: Assists with creating, modifying and conducting relevant HACCP, Food Safety and GMP training for production plant employees to ensure HACCP policies are met.
- Other: Assists Director with managing the pest control program. Performs other related duties as assigned, within scope and ability, and initiates recommendations to further enhance the company’s recognition as a top employer.