Thomas Foods International USA is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Supervisor for 2nd shift (2pm - 11pm). TFI USA offers excellent benefits including low cost health insurance, 401K retirement plan with a company match, paid time off, free sample meat products, and much more! Growth opportunities available throughout our Swedesboro, NJ facility & office.
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Program Director, the Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the overall Quality and Food Safety of our Beef and Lamb products at our Swedesboro facility. Must be well-versed in the Quality standards set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture and other Regulatory agencies pertaining to processed meat products. Assist in overseeing the productivity and time management of the Quality Control Technicians as well as the accuracy of the daily documentation reports, Good Manufacturing Practices of the plant and company personnel, SQF adherence, HACCP conformance, and Food Defense protocols.
- Supervise and coach the TFI USA Food Safety and Quality Team; including Team Leaders, Quality Technicians, and other support staff
- Ensure team members have the training and skills necessary to execute their responsibilities
- Set performance expectations for each position, evaluate performance against expectations, and provide ongoing feedback and training to each employee
- Oversee the effective execution of the HACCP Program, Pre-requisite Programs (such as Environmental Monitoring, Pest Control, Maintenance for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Allergen Control, Supplier Management, and Recall and Traceability)
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all Food Safety and Quality Assurance Programs and documentation in accordance with regulatory, customer and internal TFI requirements
- Continuously improve the document management program to align with industry best practices
- Monitor the Pre-Operational and Operational Inspections conducted by the Quality Technicians on a rotational basis with the QA Manager
- Oversee the accuracy of the finished product labels in the Repack Room and assist in preparing processing for the next day
- Monitor / Audit Warehouse Documentation reviews performed by the Quality Technicians
- Assist in training new hires to the Quality Department
- Audit receiving Inspections performed by the Quality Technicians
- Monitor the Quality Technician’s procedure of inspecting returned goods, documenting findings, and providing disposition to ensure completion in a timely fashion
- Accompany QA Manager in the quarterly Food Security, Glass & Plastic, and Good Manufacturing Practices Audits
- Assist in conducting environmental, finished product and shelf life testing
- Monitor the Quality Technician’s chemically lean testing and fat testing results.
- Assist in Consumer Complaint and 3PL inspections as needed
- Additional tasks as requested by management, within scope and ability