We are currently hiring for Warehouse Associates (Material Handlers):
Warehouse material handlers are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet VWR standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service. This position is based in an industrial warehouse setting and is a position that is flexible to a wide array of duties within warehousing.
- Daytime hours! (11:00am-7:30pm) Monday-Friday
- Opportunity for overtime
- Bonus opportunities- retention, performance, and employee referral bonuses
- Starting rate - $14.50/hour for the first 120 days, $15.00 thereafter!
- Great Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement
Job Responsibilities:Warehouse material handlers essential duties are to perform various tasks in the warehouse such as but not limited to:
- Inbound:Unload trucks, trailers, containers of freight, counting products, compare to manifest to check all shipments for damage, infestation, or production code dates. Material handlers must report shortages, damages, and mis-shipments on appropriate forms. Also be able to sign for inbound shipments when necessary. All inbound shipments are moved safely to storage locations to be efficiently stacked as store merchandise.
- Order Picking:Ensure that the correct product number, quantity and type (lot, batch, serial number) of product are picked. Transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment such as but not limited to fork trucks, cherry pickers, or pallet jacks. Materials handlers must be able to label, stencil, tag, mark orders, band, bundle, wrap, over-pack, and palletize as required.
- Outbound: Compare quantity, labeling and address with order to ensure out-going shipments are complete and correct. Assign signature for outbound as necessary. Efficiently move product, cartons and or pallets into trailers, rail cars or containers.
- Equipment:Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Comply with company standards and OSHA requirements.
- Inventory:Keep accurate records and reports. Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Ensure proper stock rotation. May key inventory adjustments in computer.
- Other Duties:Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions. Repair and consolidate damaged goods as required. Operate shrink-wrap machine. Charge forklift battery as needed; stack and or separate good from bad pallets when necessary; clean railcars, trailers, and truck docks, bays as requested.
Experience & Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift up to 75 pounds. The ability to follow directions
- with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Understanding of metric system measurements is beneficial.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Job Type: Full-time