Why work for Vistar?
- At Vistar, our mission is to be the leader in the food service distribution industry by delivering world-class, innovative products and value added services that enable our customers' success and support supplier relationships.
- We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking for a Full-Time, Dedicated, and Safety Conscious night Warehouse Supervisor to join our team.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with company contributions
- Two weeks paid vacation after on year of service, with accruing paid time off throughout the first year
- Company paid life insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid holidays
- Paid training
Your Role on the Vistar Team:
Responsible for supervising personnel receiving product, pulling orders, loading trucks for next-day delivery, and processing paperwork relating to product delivery.
Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Supervises the administrative staff including: hiring, scheduling, providing training and guidance, establishing job standards and evaluating performance.
Ensures timely, accurate and complete order pulling for all orders pulled during the shift.
Ensures all orders are loaded in their entirety and in proper stop sequence on the assigned truck and trailer, and completes all necessary paperwork.
Ensures all product received during the shift is stocked properly and that first-in/first-out warehouse procedures are followed for all stock rotation.
Demonstrates a strong service quality ethic through personal example.
Ensures that all associates have a thorough understanding of their individual roles in meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
Coordinates pick planning in conjunction with the Manager, Warehouse.
Utilization of Company's warehouse management system and other technologies available to maximize productivity.
Analyzes the productivity levels of the warehouse operation and recommends appropriate changes.
Handles building security to include locking warehouse and setting alarms after the night shift.
Ensures the safe operation of all material handling.
Complies with Company’s health and safety programs.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience.
2 - 4 Years of Warehouse experience or related experience.
Bachelors degree in business management, logistics, or related area.
4-6 years of Warehouse experience within the food service industry.
Supervisory experience is a plus.
OSHA Forklift operator certificate is a plus.