- Logan Township
- June 12, 2020
Operations Manager – (July 2019 – Present) DSV Air & Sea, Philadelphia, PA 19113
- Responsible for all aspects of the operations in Air Export, Air Import, Ocean Export, Ocean Import and Brokerage. Developed and implemented programs to improve not only operations but the relationships between the clients and operations. Provided ideas and suggestions for a more efficient operations. Ensured all team members were properly trained and efficient in the required information systems to meet company and client objectives.
- Assured client accounts received the required level of operational and administrative support. Maintained appropriate contact with all functions and responded to requests when required. Attended meetings with key customers to discuss any customer issues. Coordinated management of supplier/customer visits to the site along with promoting a positive relationship with clients by providing excellent customer service.
- Supported the Branch Manager in development of the annual operating budget. Developed and managed a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Assisted the Branch Manager in developing and directing programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility.
Air Freight Manager – (August 2017 – July 2019) Kuehne + Nagel, Lester, PA
- Supervised staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff. Maintained employee records and completed yearly employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for both the Air Import and Export department’s P&L. Which consisted of minimizing controllable costs and ensuring file revenue was maximized. Assisted in annual budget preparation for both departments.
- Managed and controlled all Air cost margins and prepared monthly activity / revenue reports. Prepared and provided customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
- Monitored and evaluated department performance against assigned KPIs and adjusted processes as needed.
Operations Manager – (August 2015 – August 2017) Toll Global Forwarding, Sharon Hill, PA
- Managed and assisted in each of the various shipping departments which included Air Export, Air Import, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Domestic, and Warehousing...
- Established relationships and negotiated contract rates with various line haul carriers, cartage agents, and airlines; both domestically and internationally.
- Created multiple key performance reports customized to clients’ specifications.
- Managed and overlooked the Philadelphia’s station largest Air and Ocean Import account.
- Handled the majority Air Exports of Dangerous Goods and DEA Permits. Worked closely with U.S. Customs in ensuring the permits were filed correctly with U.S. Customs.
- Responsible for ordering and inventorying all office supplies and warehouse materials.
Terminal Manager – (May 2014 – August 2015) AIT Worldwide Logistics, Folcroft, PA
- Orchestrated the expansion and relocation of the Philadelphia office. Worked with a local realtor to design floor plans, set up maintenance contracts with multiple vendors, and purchased the necessary equipment to fully run a freight forwarding operation; all while maintaining profitability.
- Managed the Philadelphia station customer service and operations personnel. Conducted regular performance reviews and encouraged general overall personal development. Responsible for recruitment and retention of operational staff. Used appropriate methods and a flexible style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Managed overall profitability and service performance of the Philadelphia station, with specific responsibility over sales, customer service, and operations for Domestic, International, and Local Cartage.
- Prepared, managed and was held accountable for the station budget on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis. Responsible for all relevant station profit/loss.
- Supported, developed, and mentored Sales Executives; providing operational support to empower sales teams to identify and secure new business opportunities. Serviced all existing customers, while marketing the brand names full range of transportation services to new customers.
Operations Manager – (March 2011– May 2014) Pilot Freight Services, Folcroft, PA
- Managed the daily operations for the Philadelphia branch which consists of more than 15 employees and 2 cartage agents; worked with customers and management to motivate growth.
- Helped sales team maximize growth with new and existing accounts by meeting with customers and building relationships.
- Established relationships and negotiated contract rates with various line haul carriers, cartage agents, steamship lines, and airlines; both domestically and internationally.
- TSA Coordinator for the Philadelphia branch: Held meetings and training sessions so that all employees and authorized cartage agents were up to date with current regulations; ensured warehouse was up to code.
- Completed and submitted payroll weekly. Managed employees' vacation and personal time.
International Supervisor – (February 2005 - March 2011) Pilot Freight Services, Folcroft, PA
- Completely reinvented and re-tooled the International department. Put into place and organized specific ways and functions of how the Philadelphia office would handle International business.
- Oversaw and routed Air and Ocean Imports/Exports from pickup to delivery.
- Established relationships with various custom brokers to make sure customers could effortlessly import cargo from overseas.
Academy Park High School – Sharon Hill, PA
Chubb Institute – Springfield, Pa
- Web Design Certification