- February 4, 2021
Distribution Operations Manager with extensive leadership in distribution, facilities, production, planning and design. I provide strategic planning, employee scheduling, inventory management and corporate budget goals to achieve business sales objectives. Superior leader and manager of diverse teams of full-time, part-time and out-sourced staffing labor. Self-motivated, results-oriented, resourceful and success-driven. My goal is to deliver high value production results to companies that will benefit from seamless operations and professional management leadership.
• Responsible for the production schedules for the Fulfillment unit and coordinating staffing on a daily basis in coordination with production goals.
• Reorganized production floor plan and cold storage racking systems to meet increased client sales volumes.
• Assisted in implementing of Datex WMS to improve production accuracies of Fulfillment Department.
• Manage Supervisory team members to ensure GMP’s and guiding team members toward achievement of goals that are consistent with the organization’s strategies.
• Communicate with Consultant Services in order to achieve the highest level of customer
• Ensures safety of employees at all times through facility management of equipment and buildings. Responsible for PM to equipment, optimizing production with minimum downtime. Manages staff to ensure safety, quality and quantity for all areas of responsibility.
• Insures KPIs are met such as pounds/units per hour, run times and all goals as structured.
• Maintains and ensures all training is completed and recorded in order to meet all OSHA requirements.
• Employed successful management strategies to achieve or decrease department budget levels and improve gross and net profit margins.
• Increased Parts & Accessories department sales and profit margins through various marketing tools including participating in infomercial videos, ecommerce, email and social media resources.
• Developed monthly objectives for department employees in collaboration with Dealer Owner and General Manager to increase daily productivity and over all moral of department employees.
• Increased inventory levels while limiting non-moving excess inventory by reviewing daily/weekly sales department numbers and industry trending predictions.
• Redesigned the parts department storage and location system to improve order accuracy, employee efficiency and customer satisfaction levels.
• Attended and successfully completed Harley-Davidson training classes to maintain current Parts & Accessories merchandising and inventory sales strategies.
• Designed production conveyor shipping line layout to achieve best productivity and use of space to meet or reduce total budgetary goals and to support corporate growth over a 10-year projected period.
• Oversaw the installation of a new Pick-to-Light conveyor system and facility expansion project that represented a one-million-dollar investment. Order accuracy increased from 95.4% to 99.5%.
• Reported to Production, Purchasing and Logistics departments all inventory discrepancies from in-bound/out-bound OTR truck shipments for inventory adjustments.
• Communicated with Consultant/Customer Service and other internal departments on a daily basis to report low stock, out of stock or back ordered items that may affect customer orders and overall customer satisfaction.
• Critque and adjust floor, flow rack and pallet racking storage locations to optimize warehouse storage space, minimize stocking errors and control JIT items and FIFO day code procedures.
• Facilitated department budget and production meetings to analyze cost figures and determine areas for savings and operated departments at or below budgeted goals.
• Insured all SKU inventory and cycle counts are adjusted immediately for accurate on hand inventory levels.
• Managed 3PL warehouse and shipping facility in Puerto Rico in efforts to support corporate sales growth for markets outside of United States.