- April 25, 2022
WILLIAM R MORT
238 Iannelli Rd. Clarksboro N.J. 08020
C: (863) 205-0094 | email@example.com
Highly accomplished professional with extensive experience in managing integrated logistics, production, quality, safety and Materials programs that exceed productivity and KPI goals. Astute in identifying operational requirements creating action, implementation plans and effectively coordinating and planning with cross functional teams to achieve objectives by using 5s, Six Sigma, ISO 9001 and OSHA driven events to execution. Highly skilled in materials management, warehousing, production lines and inventory reconciliation with demonstrated ability to implement effective process controls and quality improvement initiatives. I have a proven career history of providing superior staff development teams and service within a warehouse setting. Results-driven leader that can identify areas of strength and weakness, then design and execute solutions that improve across-the-board performance and positively impact the overall operation of the organization. Demonstrated ability to lead by example, champion employee development, improve performance and inspire teams and individuals to achieve top performance. Have a history of transforming failing operations to highly profitable, safety, KPI driven facilities engaging with top motivated leadership groups. Strong mentor, who leads by example and strongly believes that leadership should inspire, motivate and hold staff accountable. A Team will always drive success over individuals!
>Exceptional interpersonal communication >Cost reduction strategies
>Effective leader >Quality assurance and control
>Consistently meets goals >Dependable
>Efficient in multi-tasking and delegating >Results-oriented
>Conflict resolution >Natural leader
>Customer service-oriented >Logistics management
>Organized >Employee relations
>Revenue generation >Superb time management skills
>Documentation >Verbal/written communication
>Relationship management >Customer Communication
CTDI INC – West Chester PA Home Office
Branch Manager - Davenport, FL, December 2013 to July 2017, West Chester PA July 2017 to May 2020, Swedesboro NJ May 2020 to present.
Strong and decisive operations and customer service leader with excellent analytical, organizational, team building and planning skills. Maintains an uncompromising focus on high quality standards and bottom-line profit improvement. Effective technical and communication abilities. Drives Continuous Improvement daily on the ten production lines within the facility. Constant improvement on the facility culture using employee and team recognition and celebrate over performers when teams go above and beyond.
- Responsible for P&L/Budget management for entire operation. $100k daily, $24m yearly. Exceeded budget bringing branch into compliance for first time in two years satisfying both 3PL customer and corporation.
- Supervise and motivate a large staff of managers, employees and temporary workers. From 300 to 500 at peak in a 24/7 365 atmosphere. Directly promoted internal leadership individuals to strengthen the floor management team driving production to obtain all customer KPI’s monthly.
- Ensure that customer's service expectations are met, including achieving all KPI’s and quality performance goals. Developed the communication chain to better align the daily message from Program Management to the operations team. This created a robust plan for both short term and long-term production planning.
- Communicate and interact with customers and various internal functional departments (IT, HR, Accounting, Engineering and Quality) in order to resolve issues, capitalize on opportunities and improve business and service performance. Using internal line audits generating CAR’s, the branch achieved zero findings on the branch audit conducted by customer using outside auditors. Found several best practices which were introduced to other branches within the CTDI network.
- Ensure customer specified and CTDI Corporate service level agreements and quality standards are met.
- Generate, cultivate and communicate ideas for continual improvement of processes and activities across all areas of the operation. Used strong 5s initiatives to make facility safer more productive for team members and visitors.
- Prepare various reports and analyses as required by the customer or CTDI internal organizations.
- Research and reconcile forecasted financial results with posted General Ledger results as part of the Monthly Close Process.
- Support and ensure compliance with CTDI safety programs and initiatives as well as all applicable OSHA and state workplace safety laws. Lowered branch TIR month over month with best practices, six sigma and 5s exercises. Organized and drive monthly safety meetings.
GERRESHEIMER GLASS, INC. Vineland NJ
Senior Operations/Logistics Manager, Vineland, NJ - January 2008 - December 2013
Provide inspire and lend all leadership and direction to the warehouse, shipping and receiving departments including administration, shipping, receiving, scheduling staff, quality, safety and environmental teams. Reporting directly to Vice President of Operations, act as liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Customer Service and Engineering.
Plan, direct and coordinate all activities of the shipping department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment in accordance with company policies.
Perfect truck loads using RF scanners and SAP warehouse management system. Shipped around the world daily using containers.
Responsible for expense management and control, including labor and overhead cost utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
Monitor daily the inventory and codes of all products to ensure proper rotation and traceability of entire kpu list. Ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time to include shipments, product loss and damage.
Monitor and strive to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targeted.
Contain and or reduce cost and drive productivity within the department. Cooperate in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the company.
Manage a staff to include planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegation. Provide effective management to employees to include effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management in a full union atmosphere. Participated in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities if a collective bargaining agreement exists. Perform other duties as assigned - back up to the Production Manager, Quality Manager and was appointed one of the GMS Plant Coordinators. Ensure full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially 5S, good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas. Coordinate the load out schedule with in-house distribution and outside contractors to ensure timely and accurate load out and receiving all products.
AC MOORE INC
Distribution Center Manager, Berlin, NJ - September 2002 - January 2008
Reporting directly to Vice President of Warehouse and Logistics, maintained receiving, warehousing and distribution operations in a state-of-the-art 895,000 square foot three shift facility coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures. Safeguarded all warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures protocol. This facility was the DC for 109 stores from Maine to Florida and serviced entire retail selling merchandise.
Controlled inventory levels by conducting cycle counts and reconciles with the warehouse management protocol. Maintained warehouse physical condition and entire facility and grounds by planning and implementing new floor layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. Achieved financial objectives by monitoring the annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Managed staff and completed warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, recruiting, selection, orienting, coaching, counseling, training, discipline and retention of staff.
Some College Completed
Camden County College / Business